Friday, August 19, 2011

My First Danish Party

On Saturday I went on a short sailing trip with Anders and Karin to my second host family's house for Mie's Welcome Home party. Alicia, the other exchange student in my area from Canada, and 1 of Mie's friends came and we all got ready together. It was just like getting ready for any other event back home, but the party was entirely different from anything in California.  There were around 30 people there all between the ages of 15 and 20 (I think). It was a fun, long night. I met some of my soon to be neighbors and a lot of Mie's friends and some people who would be attending Middelfart Gymnasium. Eventually I went to bed at 3:30 at Mie's house while the last 5 people stayed downstairs to keep partying. The party was full of Danish music that everyone knew the words to and then lots of American music. There was also an exchange student there from Lithuania who I talked to for a bit. I'm just going to end this post saying their are a lot of differences at Danish parties that took me by surprise, but it was overall a fun night.  
Farvel for nu,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment